Cate's Blog

Loving is a better way of Living.

Week 4: Water Usage in Africa

March30

For the Week 4 Blog Challenge we were challenged to go global.  I focused on the water usage in Africa.  Water in Africa is very scarce.

Every day women are forced to go miles away just to get water for their families from wells.

Every twenty seconds a child dies from a water disease.  This is because there is a very little supply of water in Africa and most of it is a muddy, brown color.  Approximately one in eight people do not have access to safe drinking water.

The Levi’s Water.org Partnership and the Water Project Inc. are organizations that are involved in bringing water to Africa.  Water.org explains that, “Over 50% of all water projects fail, less than 5% are consistent, and only 1% of them are long-term monitoring.”

Let’s be part of that 1% and make a difference.  Don’t you believe everyone deserves the right to not have to worry about getting enough water?  I know I do.  Now go out there and make a difference.

by posted under Uncategorized | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Week 4: Water Usage in Africa”

1. April 2nd, 2012 at 1:35 pm      Reply Fariha Says:

Hey Cate,
    Look, I knew that there isn’t much water in Africa, but little kids DIE because of that!? That’s just terrible. Just imagine… Every 20 seconds, a kid will die because of not enough water. I totally agree with you. We should all send some water off to Afcrica. They really need it. Do you think that we can send alot of water off to Africa?
    *Fariha

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar